Regional Commercial Director – Partner Services (APAC) (Bangkok-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Market taking care of: APAC
Are you looking to build and lead a team in the world’s fastest growing region? Are you passionate about developing & executing strategy? Do you want to scale amazing products that partners will love and use? The Regional Director, Partner Services leads the supply business for some of Agoda’s most important projects & markets.
Are you interested in testing ideas, and scaling learnings? The role will work closely with external suppliers, product and technology teams and the Senior Leadership Team of Agoda. You will bring a strong analytical acumen coupled with marketplace knowledge, a high level of sales savvy and the ability to recruit, motivate, coach and mentor a geographically dispersed team. In addition, the capability to establish and develop long term relationships with both internal and external customers will be key to the success of the role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) setting strategic objectives in conjunction with VP – Partner Services and the Senior Management team in the Head Office, (2) leading, coaching and managing a senior management team to achieve set targets, (3) owning the supply team’s business performance, growth and delivery within the multiple markets under purview.
Responsibilities of the role:
This role is based in Bangkok and sits and reports directly into the Global VP of Partner Services. Your role will include the following:
- Lead supply teams in identified markets in Asia, owning the overall supply performance for each market under purview
- Identifying and developing strategy and growth optimization plans and execution
- Drive strategy development in conjunction with central management, and set objectives;
- Identify and evaluate opportunities thru data that innovate the business model, improve Agoda’s customer value proposition and generate significant incremental revenues.
- Cooperate with other Partner Services Regional Heads globally, and work with internal Product, Finance and Marketing teams to develop and scale new program participation
- Ongoing communication on regional performance to senior leadership
- Act as champion for new global products like Agoda Intelligence and Growth programs.
- Recruit, develop, coach, manage, retain, lead senior staff to ensure adherence to all targets and KPIs, plus personal development paths;
- Ensure quality and competitiveness of product;
- Share relevant data and information with partners to ensure a high level of communication and feedback to optimize performance;
- Verify, analyze and understand all available data and reports by active usage and frequent feedback;
- Establish individual goals and conduct direct reports performance reviews and development plans;
- Develop, and own relationships with key decision makers at hotels, hotel groups, associations and other relevant industry bodies.
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree required;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience managing large teams, with a proven success record in setting KPIs and sales and marketing strategies;
- 7+ years progressive sales and marketing experience in consultative sales or sales management environment or in Strategy consulting;
- E-commerce experience is preferred.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate to the highest levels with senior internal stakeholders, and external partners;
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with online advertising and online partnerships;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term customer relationships;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative.
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings company, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate and employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. Having established itself as the leading Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe the USA and other markets.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the online sector, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our customers and partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with visa and relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok, Thailand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
#LI-Hybrid #LI-DNI #LI-DNP