Senior International Tax ManagerApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
As Senior International Tax Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the tax team based in Bangkok for Agoda Services Co. Ltd, reporting directly to the Tax Director. You will be a key part of the broader tax advisory team that is rapidly growing in light of the changing tax landscape for digital services. While being part of the broader Tax and Finance team (more than 100 professionals), you will also work closely with the Product and Legal team.
The main focus of this position is to manage all tax advisory matters to ensure efficient and compliant tax outcomes for the Agoda Group of Companies. You will have an end-to-end responsibility for your own projects from scoping the challenge (incl. budgeting) to the overall solution (execution and implementation) and you will oversee other projects that are taken by the Tax Team. You will be responsible for partnering with the business in the delivery of new business initiatives stakeholder management, team management and relationships with our tax advisors. While this role is very hands-on You will be expected to actively and valuably contribute to the growth and long-term vision of the tax team and to share your tax technical expertise with the broader team and the rest of Agoda stakeholders. The ideal candidate has to have excellent communication skills, be enthusiastic, resilient and energized by change, being able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
This role involves frequent interaction with our Senior Leadership Team, US parent company, international offices, business managers, functional teams, IT and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
We are open for this role to be based in Bangkok or remote.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Assist in international tax planning initiatives and special projects
- Assessment of tax positions and interpretations of our business models
- Contract review to support tax position and business model
- Keep up with new tax developments and ensure compliance with local rules and regulations
- Project coordination responsibilities
- Support key business initiatives, including modeling for financial impact of taxes
- Build strong and valuable relationships across the organization actively contributing to a collaborative environment.
- Evaluate the current international tax structure and recommend any changes or planning ideas that will optimize the structure
- Drive and implement changes required as a result of changes to tax legislation
- Communicate tax planning, goals, risks, and priorities to senior management
- Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda Group
- Coaching and developing team members
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors or Masters in law, economics or accounting – Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation preferred
- 12 years+ of international tax experience in Big 4 public accounting / top law firm / multinational corporation
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus
- Strong preference for candidate with experience in Singapore taxes
- Preference for candidate with knowledge of China taxes
- Experience with both mature and developing jurisdictions
- Strong knowledge of international tax laws, both direct and indirect taxes
- Project management expertise, including strong organizational and change management skills
- Detail-oriented individual who independently leads medium/high complexity projects with global impact (cross-functional) driving them through execution: analysis, recommendation, and implementation
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with cross-functional teams within Agoda
- Strategic thinker with solid business instincts and acumen
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complicated tax technical issues with senior management in a concise way
It’s Great if you have:
- Self-motivated and results-oriented professional
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment
- Flexible and resilient personality that adapts well to and is energized by change
- Team leader and team player
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic and driven personality
- Ability to actively contribute to the long-term vision of tax team
- Leadership skills. Coach team members
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.