Accounting Manager (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
This role mainly focuses on new projects/initiatives, supervisory of post-go-live processes/workflow of those projects/initiatives, and process improvements of AP functions. You will get chances to learn about our products, businesses, workflows and be a part that makes things happen. Your role could involve the implementation of a new payment method, payment for new products, and design data flow and workflow for new projects/initiatives.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Prepare complete details and accurate accounts for all entities including a group consolidation
- Report accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts and financial updates for management review
- Motivate management accounting/nominal ledger team to take further responsibility for accounts input and preparation processes, and ensure career development in a supportive manner
- Manage and liaise with auditors, IT review and tax computation processes from planning to filing in an efficient and effective manner
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems create appropriately debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system interdependencies
- Responsible for review of journal entries
- Review reconciliations of all significant account balances including bank accounts (daily) and fixed assets, debtors and creditors (monthly), and report significant exceptions to management
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Understand key concepts of tax returns (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence
- Provide tax team with accurate information for the purpose of tax compliance in local and foreign jurisdictions
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of working experience in Accounting, Tax, AP, AR, or GL
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, initiative with good communication skills
- Experience in project management
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Skilled in presentation composition, communications technology including PowerPoint, and engaging, articulate audience presentations.
- Excellent computer proficiency, especially in Excel
- Familiar with local/US GAAP and knowledge & compliance in financial & accounting management and internal control
** Bangkok based role, relocation provided for expat **
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.