Global Head of CSR & Sustainability (based in BKK & relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda’s Global Affairs Team works on key projects to advance the organization’s critical goals on legislative and policy work, stakeholder engagement, and sustainability. From supporting quarantine hotels to working with government on subsidies and Covid recovery, our projects guarantee Agoda continues to play a positive role in leading the industry towards the future. Working with Global Affairs will offer the opportunity to network, learn, and gain valuable skills at the intersection of government affairs, sustainability, and technology. You will work on aligning Agoda’s strengths with government priorities to make real positive change around the world. Through these high-priority and innovative projects, you will impact the business and the communities we operate in on a global scale.
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok. Given the COVID-19 landscape and travel restrictions, relocation date is flexible and a remote start may be possible.
We encourage those with unconventional experiences driving social and environmental impact in corporate, tech, start up or other fast-paced, dynamic environments to apply. No prior experience in corporate CSR/sustainability is required. We’re looking for a self-motivated innovator to lead and further shape our strategy to deliver impact to the community, the environment and the business. You will lead a small but impactful team and drive a portfolio of meaningful partnerships to integrate sustainability into everything we do.
This is a unique and entrepreneurial opportunity to spearhead the development of global initiatives, working closely with the entire Agoda population across business units, including senior leaders, and external stakeholders from NGOs to government agencies on conceiving, building, and managing projects that will help make the world a better place.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Build upon and further shape the vision and strategies for Agoda’s CSR and Sustainability agenda
- Identify CSR & Sustainability opportunities for Agoda and develop recommendations for senior leadership
- Lead, design and implement initiatives by collaborating across business units and partnering with hotel partners, NGOs and government stakeholders
- Manage relationships and key partnerships across all seniority levels
- Serve as the focal point of contact for Agoda’s CSR and Sustainability collaborations with sister brands across Booking Holdings
- Develop and maintain a dashboard of metrics to evaluate existing initiatives and adapt future strategies based on learnings
- Responsible budget management to deliver optimal impact to the community, the environment and the business
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Demonstrated leadership with ability to build networks and influence stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
- Entrepreneurial ability to innovate and formulate strategies for impact at scale
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives with budget management responsibility, ideally in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Commitment to experimenting and measuring metrics for a re-imagined CSR & sustainability program
- Data driven with strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to engage and inspire
- Fluent in English
- Low ego and collaborative mindset for the flat, open structures at Agoda
- 5-10 years diversified experience in sustainability, social innovation, partnership development or related business experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field. Advanced degree preferred.
It’s Great if you have:
- High level in one or more Asian languages
- APAC experience and networks of NGOs and community partners
#Bangkok #Singapore #KualaLumpur #Shanghai #Beijing #Taiwan #Seoul #Tokyo #HongKong
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.