Product Design Manager, Core Horizontal Team (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Design team is a diverse group of product designers and researchers that help to build Agoda’s products from our home office in Bangkok, Thailand. Being a product-driven company, we constantly partner with product managers and engineers to understand customer problems and design workflows, interactions, and visual interfaces. There is always an opportunity for growth here. Focus on your craft to improve or expand your skillset, or step into a managerial role and flex your talents as a designer and driver of team projects. The opportunity and timing are now if you wish to come into a team that’s small enough to be scrappy and hands on, yet big enough to influence change and product strategy. Be a part of Agoda’s Design team and unlock the world for our global community of travelers.
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are an empathetic people manager, a thought leader, and skilled in design operations management. Additionally, you’re gifted in UI design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Manage and grow a team of designers which will require setting clear goals and expectations, resourcing designers accordingly, ensuring KPIs are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Manage the development of team members based on their strength and areas of improvement through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice
- Set up innovation space and make sure design is empowered to participate in roadmap and vision building process
- Cultivate a collaborative environment for great design by helping with team processes like critiques, team meetings, etc. and identify opportunities to improve how we work
- Collaborate with director of product, product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Communicate with data to influence and persuade with the objective to drive change. Make sure customer voice is well considered in the product development process. Strike the balance between driving business KPI as well as product quality.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product leadership, design execution, people management, and design operations management
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 3+ years of experience managing and growing a team of designers
- 8+ years of Design experience for consumers and consumer brands
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: product design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, design operations, people management, and strategic thinking
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience in OTAs, e-commerce or product driven companies
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #azerbaijan #armenia #belarus #kazakhstan #kyrgyzstan #moldova #russia #tajikistan #turkmenistan #uzbekistan #ukraine #LI-VV1 #4
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.