Staff/ Lead Software Engineer (FinTech) [Bangkok based – Relocation provided]Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know Our Team
Fintech is one of the fastest growing areas in Agoda and we are rapidly expanding our tech team. We work closely with the finance business team and our Fintech product owners to reduce risk, drive efficiencies and move on new market opportunities in this exciting field. We have a wide range of projects from traditional finance or cutting-edge customer fintech. For example, reconciliation using Big Data technologies, growing and optimising customer payments options, tax calculations in milli-second response times and a mesh of supplier payment options like vertical credit cards. Its a hot field and the perfect mix of data engineering and backend engineering.
We are looking for engineers with experience in the fintech area. This can be a year or two at a fintech startup right through to an expert in this domain. You might have a background as ‘back end’ or ‘data’ engineer, either way we are looking for smart engineers who can be super agile, move fast and have an eye for detail. We’d love to hear from you if you are skilled in any of the technologies we work with and excited at building new fintech techonology.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Think and own the full life cycle of our products, not just a single piece of code – from business requirements, technology selection, coding standards, agile development, unit and application testing, to CI/CD and proper monitoring
- Design, develop and maintain platforms and data pipelines across fintech
- Improve scalability, stability, and efficiency of our existing systems
- Write great code and help others write great code – mentor people in your team and wider
- Collaborate with other teams and departments
- Help us hire extraordinary talent such as yourself!
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 6+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Scala, Java or C#.
- Data platforms like Hadoop and SQL. Understand that different applications have different data requirements.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong coding ability
- You are passionate about the craft of software development and constantly work to improve your knowledge and skills
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
It’s Great If You Have
- Experience working in a modern FinTech or Payments organization.
- Domain knowledge in any of these areas: financial reconciliation, financial reporting, tax, payout methods like vertical credit cards or customer payments.
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Spark for data processing, ETLs for data pipelines and queueing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Experience building and running transactional/financial systems
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like GitLab for source control and Continuous Integration, Kubernetes, and Puppet for deployment
- Experience in large-scale distributed designs
- Experience in leading projects, initiatives and/or teams, with full ownership of the systems involved
#sanfrancisco #sanjose #losangeles #sandiego #oakland #denver #miami #orlando #atlanta #chicago #boston #detroit #newyork #portland #philadelphia #dallas #houston #austin #seattle #sydney #melbourne #perth #toronto #vancouver #montreal #shanghai #beijing #shenzhen #prague #Brno #Ostrava #cairo #alexandria #giza #estonia #paris #berlin #munich #hamburg #stuttgart #cologne #frankfurt #hongkong #budapest #jakarta #bali #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #kualalumpur #amsterdam #oslo #manila #warsaw #krakow #bucharest #moscow #saintpetersburg #capetown #johannesburg #seoul #barcelona #madrid #stockholm #zurich #taipei #bangkok #Phuket #istanbul #london #manchester #liverpool #edinburgh #kiev #hcmc #hanoi #wroclaw #poznan #katowice #rio #salvador #IT #4 #5 #LI-Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.