Payroll Accounting Manager (Bangkok-Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Supervise and ensure performance of month end activities which include the preparation of all monthly journal entries and reconciliation of key payroll related balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Lead your team to success, setting their objectives and developing their careers
- Collaborate with Finance business controls team in execution of SOX controls and documentation of controls updates
- Collaborate with Finance team, Payroll team and the third party for audit process and share vest reconciliation
- Manage Global Payroll budget and forecasting and develop reporting tools to support budgetary analysis
- Manage procurement and accrual process and act as a key point of contact with external vendors
- Work with key partners to recommend improvements and process enhancements
- Develop key reporting metrics regarding external vendor billing position and business process analytics to Finance accounting team.
- Provide reporting & analysis to key partners as required
- Identify and enhance end to end payroll accounting function
- Special projects including systems and process reengineering user testing (and other related duties as assigned)
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in Accounting and Finance highly desirable
- 5+ years of work experience in accounting; experience in payroll and business controls design a strong plus
- Strong interest in team capability building and sharing knowledge with others
- Ambitious individuals with the desire to progress and develop knowledge and career strongly preferred
- Expertise in Excel; good, working proficiency in related programs
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English required; knowledge of additional languages a plus
- High level of discretion and ethics; must have experience working with strict confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well with employees in a highly multi-cultural environment
- Resilience and ability to absorb ambiguity and drive change
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills a must
It’s Great if you have:
- Accounting qualifications
#kualalumpur #manila #shanghai #beijing #jiangsu #guangdong #Kazakhstan #jakarta #newdelhi #mumbai
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.