Assistant Director of Business Development – North America (New York)Apply Now
New York, United States
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA:
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
ABOUT PRICELINE-AGODA GLOBAL PARTNER SERVICES:
What’s better than representing ONE top-recognized brand in travel? Representing TWO, of course!
In 2018, the best-in-class hotel Market Management teams from Priceline.com and Agoda.com came together as one larger, new-and-improved team to better support our hotel partners. This collaboration between the two brands allows us to offer one streamlined technology connection with a single point of contact for worldwide distribution strategies. All roles within the Priceline-Agoda Global Partner Services team reports into the Agoda brand.
GET TO KNOW THE TEAM:
Our Partner Programs Team is a highly driven, fast-paced team, responsible for launching and scaling a range of products and marketing solutions for accommodation partners across North America. We launch initiatives and projects to increase participation in our programs to grow our hotel partners’ business, exceed our goals and contribute to the overall growth and success of our company.
As an Assistant Director of Business Development – Partner Programs, your main objective will be to provide guidance and leadership to drive the success of the Partner Programs Business Development function through strategic initiatives and innovations to increase program participation, exceeding growth expectations and meeting the company’s business goals.
A successful candidate will bring strong business development and leadership experience with excellent analytical skills, a proven track record of successful Implementation of go-to-market strategies, effective stakeholder management skills and the ability to recruit, motivate and coach team members.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO:
- Develop and implement strategies, initiatives and promotional activities to increase program participation and enhance their performance across North America
- Work closely with regional leadership in North America and Bangkok HQ to prioritize, plan and execute go-to-market strategies for launching new products, programs and initiatives
- Lead, coach and develop a team of managers to achieve targets and business goals
- Analyze data to identify and prioritize opportunities, assessing potential business impact and making recommendations
- Manage and oversee projects and experiments, developing innovative solutions
- Lead and support local learning and development, updating relevant teams on product enhancements and new programs and sharing learnings
- Create sound business cases, including market intelligence, feedback and data to develop new products
- Maintain detailed pipeline and performance tracking, sharing reporting on progress to goal, project deliverables and effectiveness of initiatives to internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Develop tools and processes to contribute to greater productivity and efficiency of the team
- Conduct market research into trends in the industry and market to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s products and programs
***Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree required
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in business development or similar roles in a fast-paced company
- Minimum 3 years of proven leadership skills, including leading, coaching and developing teams
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent commercial judgement, being able to analyze data and successfully communicate business proposals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to develop strong relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Proven project management experience
- Creative and solutions-oriented, to meet partner needs and achieve company goals
- Highly efficient, able to multi-task and work with constant deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proactive and positive “get it done” attitude
- Adaptable to new technology, quick learner and energized by change
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.