Staff Full Stack Engineer (Engineering, Data and Machine Learning Team)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
In this role, you will be involved in the design, architecture, coding, testing and, operations of our global-scale software systems to support the innovation and technical excellence that the rapidly changing field of online travel requires.
In this Role, you’ll get to
- Design, develop and operate the solutions used by millions of people every day
- Big Data and Machine Learning processing pipelines
- Data-Driven changes to the application
- Constantly look for ways to improve our products, code-base and development practices
- Write great code and help others write great code
- Drive Technical decisions in the organization
What you’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering/related field or relevant experience
- 6+ years of industry experience, including software development experience
- Strong coding ability
- Able to quickly and effectively read code
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to separate hype from reality
It’s Great if you have
- Any experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies/tools
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular)
- Experience working with Lambda Architectures
- Experience working with open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test-driven methodologies.
Experience with tools like Git, Docker and Kubernetes
#singapore #ENG #IT #4 #LI-ST2
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.