Senior NoSQL Database Administrator (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
We manage tera bytes of content, we run machine learning algorithms that require up-to-date feature data of all user events to optimize the user experience and so on… Luckily, we have the latest tech to match the challenge, we employ Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Aerospike, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, CockroachDB and others with overall 1600 database instances and 99.9999% uptime.
If you think this is cool, you are reading the right job description. We are looking for passionate engineers who are excited by solving problems in scale, understanding the technology down to bit and know how to automate the operation for 1000s of servers at the same time. Working in our scale, everything is important – understanding the OS and disk controller, understanding the different runtime implications of JVM and knowing all the bells and whistles that each DB engine has to offer.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production database by creating automation & visibility i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, database server capacity, etc. and coordinate with Engineering team to optimize it before it becomes to be big incident.
- Communicating and reviewing database solutions, technical, applications with Operations Staff and Application Developers to ensure scalability, integrity and security of database.
- Troubleshooting database issue and performance tuning
- Research, test, evaluate and recommend solutions (existing & emerging) with match for best use cases.
- At least 5 years hands-on Database Administrator experience.
- Solid production experiences in a “high transactional” 24×7 OLTP of MS SQL Server administration.
- Mid-level to expert within one or more of the following NoSQL (Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Couchbase or Elasticsearch)
- Willing to learn new data engine technology such as Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL and Aerospike.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be the good team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Be able to attend On-Call rotation
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Expert in one or more of Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Aerospike, Redis or Ignite
- Automate deployment by using Puppet, Ansible
- Development automate operation tasks with Shell Script, Python
- Consul, Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack
- Linux system administration
#sydney #melbourne #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #amsterdam #munich #moscow #kyiv #singapore #jakarta #dublin #saopaulo #bogota #colombo #taipei #warsaw #stockholm #copenhagen #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #belarus #buenoaires #beijing #santiago
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.