Database Administrator, MSSQL (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
In Agoda, we have 800+ MSSQL instances across 5 data centers which have 7 nines uptime to serve customer, affiliate, and Agoda employee users around the world.
We have been working on big scale of fast & safe database CI/CD pipeline with involved 1,000+ Engineers in IT department and it leads to have new 50-100 store procedures deployment on production every day.
As DBA, you will have a big challenge & opportunity to help define, standardized and provide best practice of SQL administration including setup, migration, monitoring, high availability and performance tuning.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production database by creating automation & visibility i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, database server capacity, etc. and coordinate with Engineering team to optimize it before it becomes to be big incident.
- Research and implement automation tool to help reduce human time on daily basis i.e. Installation and upgrade tool, Database deployment tool, Anomaly Detection, etc.
- Setup, migrate and re-architect Agoda production database to support business growth.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team to planned or unplanned maintenance.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Experience in 24×7 OLTP transactional of MS SQL Server administration.
- Good knowledge of SQL query, Optimizer and Execution plan
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Up-to-date knowledge the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Be able to work multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Be able to attend On-Call rotation
It’s Great If You Have
- Storage, windows OS, Network principle
- MCSA, MCSE, and/or MVP certifications
#london #taipei #seoul #tokyo #hongkong #beijing #sydney #hcmc #london #munich #telaviv #sanfrancisco #shanghai #ENG #IT #4
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.