Country Director – PhilippinesApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda is a travel booking platform and accommodation is at our core. As our accommodation partners are a key to our success, we work hard to ensure their success. That is why the Market Management team of Agoda’s Partner Services specializes in strategic account management. We serve as consultants, offering strategic advice on how best to excel on Agoda’s commercial platform. We are direct contributors to what makes Agoda one of the market leaders because we understand accommodation needs and offer innovative solutions. From Bangkok to New York and beyond, our team has footprints in over 50 locations around the world. With the help of industry-leading technology, we work and collaborate globally to bring together the best ideas from diverse perspectives. The Market Management team invests in long-term relationships that spans borders and cultures and results in incredible value for Agoda, our partners, and our customers.
As Philippines Country Director your main objectives will be to develop and deploy Agoda’s Philippines strategy, provide guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s major partners, and to deliver on targets and growth expectations that form a key part of Agoda’s business goals. In so doing, this individual will bring excellent analytical skills, strong account and client management experience, a successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to lead, motivate, coach and mentor teams. In addition, the capability to establish and develop valued long-term partnerships will be a key to the success in this role.
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. This position will be based in The Philippines.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Develop and implement the strategy to accelerate Agoda’s business in The Philippines .
- Lead, coach and develop a multifunctional team responsible for growing our local business
- Implement strategies with top partners to enhance productivity and opportunities to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Deliver on country commercial and profitability targets.
- Lead the relation with top local and selected regional partners.
- Coordinate with top management on strategic planning and objectives.
- Conduct market research into trends in the industry and the Philippines market to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s products.
- Attend and participate in relevant industry events.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- More than 12 years of professional experience
- Past success in leading, coaching and developing teams
- Relevant account management, business development or general management experience
- Strong numerical & analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully communicate proposals to potential partners and internal stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker, management consulting experience highly valued
- Experience in online/ e-commerce business preferred
- MBA from a well-known institution preferred.
#BD #4 #LI-AM1 #London #Berlin #Amsterdam #NewYork #California #Bangkok
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.