Senior Software Engineer – Engineering Tools Team, Back End (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
We are looking for key contributors to join our unique Engineering Tools team.
In this team, you’ll design, implement and build systems and applications as tools to increase the quality and efficiency of our excellent industry leading IT organization.
You’ll be using the most current variety of technologies and best practices to accomplish our goals, work closely with high skilled engineers and be a part of our culture of self-development, open minded, best at what we do and eager to solve any problem.
This type of team provides a unique opportunity to integrate with an extended set of technologies and tools, and constantly learn and explore new fields.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Work in a scrum team following agile methodology
- As we’re data driven and building our tools from scratch, you’ll get to have hands-on experience with FE (React), BE (Golang, .NET Core and Scala) and Data (Spark, Kafka, Hive and other Hadoop tools).
- Assure our software quality and use best testing approach to provide super reliable products
- Define and build CI/CD pipelines for our products and tools
- On top of the technical work, you’ll also get to explore and understand the working process of scrum teams, SDLC, Git flow, CI/CD, NOC, escaping defects and more…
- Lead development of features, experiments, technical projects and complex systems
- Be a technical architect, mentor, and driver towards the right technology
- Continue to evolve our architecture and build better software
- Be a major contributor to our agile and scrum practices
- Get involved with full stack engineering and collaborate with server, other client, and infrastructure technical team members to build the best solution
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science or quantitative field
- Working experience with agile, GIT Flow, CI/CD and monitoring tools
- Deep understanding of OOP and proficient coding level (any language)
- 3-5+ years’ experience developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using one of the backend languages/frameworks such as .NET Core, Java, Scala, NodeJS, Go or Python
- Excellent understanding and experience with Linux OS, K8S and Docker technology
- Expert in SQL DBs (MySQL/MSSQL) and complex queries
- You love new technologies and approaches and want to use the best tools available. We want people who can help us continually evolve our stack
- Great documentation, communication and coordination skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You have a good command of the English language
It’s Great if you have:
- Big data experience (Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.)
- Good knowledge of NoSQL DBs such as ES, MongoDB etc.
- Grafana proficient
- Experience with either React, Angular or Vue.js & good HTML5/CSS3 knowledge
- TDD, BDD and quality test strategies
#singapore #seoul #tokyo #sydney #melbourne #dhaka #moscow #hcmc #kualalumpur #newdelhi #bengaluru #hyderabad #mumbai #chennai #kyiv #dubai #telaviv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.