Analyst, Analytics OperationsApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Supply Optimization and Commercialization (SOCs) team sits within the Product Supply team at Agoda. We work closely with the sales department (Partner Services) to identify and optimize growth opportunities on accommodations supply for the company and to set up experiments to measure and implement changes. The projects SOCs team works on directly impact Agoda’s bottom line and have long lasting structural impact to the business. We cover a range of topics including organizational efficiency, sales and product optimization, go to market strategies as well as new innovation and products. We collaborate with multiple departments and produce highly visible results backed up by experimentation and data. Utilizing powerful tools and possessing an end-to-end view of how Agoda works, the SOCs offers a team of learning and experience that will push you (and Agoda) into new territory.
The SOCs Analytics team is a sub-team within the SOCs team and serve as subject matter experts on analytics, automation, business intelligence, data, and experimentation. We work closely with the other business, product, and analytics teams to develop and build analytical products, systems and automated processes, as well as drive analytical projects to improve organizational performance and drive revenue growth for the company. As a junior analyst, you will, with advice from a senior analyst, design, conceptualize, and build a data analysis sub-module in our automated business intelligence process, as well as the accompanying backend ETL infrastructure.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Work with multiple petabyte-level datasets and explore the possibilities of BI and analytics
- Get a better understanding of complex data structures and advanced analytics
- Gain exposure to business stakeholders and understand how analytics can inform and transform the business
- Build cool stuff
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- A hacker’s mindset – the ability to build simple but clever and elegant solutions to new problems within significant resource, operational and time constraints through deep understanding of the business, creative problem solving, and a wide range of expertise in data, analytics, automation, programming, and prototyping.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Economics)
- Experience in big data cleaning and wrangling as well as simple analytical processing (SQL is a plus)
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience with complex analytics and statistical/machine learning techniques using R/Python
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.