Engineering Manager – Back End (Singapore)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
The Engineering Manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class development managers to lead one or more of our engineering teams.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Lead team of 5 to 12 energetic developers
- Drive design and architecture of the system
- Create a robust, scalable and blazing-fast API.
- Drive the execution of the team toward the vision. Visionary and pragmatic.
- Grow and coach team members. Always challenge team to be higher performer.
- Work closely with product owner to provide technical direction
Technologies we love
- Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Kafka, Impala)
- Micro-services development languages & technologies (E.g.: Scala/Akka)
- Relational database (E.g.: SQL Server, Postgres)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Couchbase, Aerospike)
- Message queueing technologies (E.g.: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Continuous Integration (Teamcity / Gitlab)
- Performance and load testing
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Passionate about technology and building software
- 5-10 years’ experience in software development and a mix of the above-mentioned technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect.
- Must have worked in an Agile environment and understands Scrum
It’s Great if You Have
- Familiarity with travel industry and rate system is a plus
- Experience in ML development is a plus
#losangeles #sydney #melbourne #perth #vienna #brussels #berlin #telaviv #tokyo #amsterdam #oslo #TelAviv #stockholm #zurich #taipei #istanbul #london #singapore #LI-SK1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.