Language Specialist – Simplified Chinese (Bangkok-based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Content Operations is a large, multicultural team of diversely talented individuals that serve as the curators of Agoda’s content. We manage all the content our customers and partners see on each of our products. As a part of our team, you’ll take ownership in processes that are critical to multiple other teams across the business. Each role from copywriting to translating and driving property level content to mapping inventory from different supply sources will enable our reach to span the globe. Content Operations is also keen on self-improvement and innovation. We run our own experiments on images, structured data, and language copy and analyze the data to make impactful decisions. With the support of state-of-the-art technology and an enriching work environment, we strengthen the bottom line and drive new business for Agoda.
Our language specialists are professional language experts, who are responsible for the language quality of Agoda website and app UX copy as well as all front end expressions exposed to our users and partners. Your daily scope of work ranges from providing accurate and inspiring content and product translation to making localization ideas and recommendations for the overall look and feel of our products from language and culture perspective.
Our Chinese Language specialist will also work with China product and marketing teams on targeted strategies to increase Agoda’s brand visibility in Mainland China and generate inspiring Agoda localized content types for Chinese local audience.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Maintain and improve quality of website and app content translation/localization pages
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers and set up language quality standards, drafting style guide when necessary.
- Regular language QA of the front end copies, report and solve issues in a timely manner
- Analyze language related data to optimize website and campaign performance
- Work closely with China product manager and provide localization ideas and copies from professional language perspective and help to drive growth in China market.
- Work closely with China marketing teams to increase brand visibility of Agoda and traffic within the Mainland China market
- Explore the cutting edge AI translation technology and explore the best practice and application scenario based on different project features
- Assist with other interdepartmental requests
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Native Chinese speaker (Simplified Chinese)
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (English level required equivalent TOEFL 80 / IELTS 7)
- University or College Degree
- Avid traveler with rich booking experiences on Chinese applications in China
- At least 2 years full-time work experience
- Experienced translator or equipped with proven excellent translation skills
- Good internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail who takes initiative to make things better
It’s Great if you have:
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge
- Travel industry experience
#beijing #shanghai #shenzhen #guangzhou #tianjin #chongqing #LI-VV1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.