Junior Product Counsel (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
We are looking for a solution-oriented team player with an international mindset that has a keen intercultural understanding and is willing to learn and evolve as a professional and person. Someone who takes initiative, builds strong relationships, has the potential to grow into a trusted product legal design “go-to” person.
The right person will have the interest and aptitude to understand product design, customer journeys, processes, platforms, products and creative risk mitigation in the e-commerce market.
Based in our Bangkok office and reporting to Agoda’s Associate General Counsel and Lead Product Counsel – you will be expected to become a key legal advisor and point of contact to Agoda’s Product, Commercial and IT teams gaining a deep understanding of Agoda’s products, systems and business. By nature, you must be curious, collaborative and persuasive enabling you to provide proactive, practical and clear legal advice in a fast-paced environment ensuring that Agoda’s products and initiatives are legally compliant, scalable and sustainable especially from a regulatory perspective.
We are looking for intellectually curious people with a desire to make a difference, change the norms and have a drive for excellence. You must be willing and comfortable at being thrown in at the “deep end”, but with support, coaching and mentorship.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Help design and implement scalable and sustainable products and processes that are compliant across a number areas of law including content regulation, competition law, marketing/advertising, consumer protection.
- Build a point-type of service from the Legal team for Agoda’s Product team, focused on embedding a philosophy of early and proactive:
- Engagement and understanding, issue spotting, and fixing and triage.
- Be an active central point in the Agoda Legal department interacting with our commercial legal, payments legal, compliance and data privacy teams to provide a seamless service to the Product, Commercial and IT teams.
- Be able to deal with senior stakeholders within the organization in a persuasive and effective manner.
- Proactively provide legal advice from the initial stages of product, marketing and systems development to launch and beyond ensuring that potential legal issues are caught early.
- Carry out legal impact assessments and creatively find a way to facilitate such assessments, mitigating any risks effectively, without creating needless bureaucracy to enable the business to move fast, while balancing risk effectively and navigating gray areas of law. Must be able to seek solutions not problems or barriers.
- Facilitate legally compliant display of information on Agoda’s platforms ensuring compliance with consumer protection laws, B2C contracting and other applicable laws and requirements.
- Get the job done in the right way ensuring that delivery is done in a collaborative, positive and constructive manner.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 4-8 years of legal experience, preferably in an international environment
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills, and critical thinking
- Knows how to build deep rapport and relationships with the various stakeholders
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- A team player with the ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cross-functionally, as well as think creatively.
- The ability to navigate deliverables across varying time zones and differing departments within Agoda.
- Ability to communication and influence at all levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#LI-SS2 #3 #LGL #Singapore #Melbourne #Sydney #London #Manchester #Paris #Frankfurt #HongKong #Taiwan #Israel