Senior Product Manager, China (Bangkok-based, Mandarin Speaking)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to know our team:
In Product, ideas come alive. The world is moving fast so our culture empowers ownership and minimal bureaucracy. That’s the environment that enables you to do what you think is right – and quickly. Our Product Managers move fast, fail, learn, and pivot.
Being a product-centric organization, our team works cross-functionally to build products from conception to launch by bringing together engineering and business worlds. Agoda Product Managers work closely with executive leadership and have high visibility among the C-suite; they have direct impact on Agoda’s growth and strategy. Product puts our travelers first and delivers that special travel experience in the most creative expression.
Today travel industry is gearing up for a next big push, and as part of our 2021 growth strategy we’re excited to hire a Product Leader for China. Agoda aims to aggressively expand in China and you will have full ownership over our product vision in China.
- You will develop innovative products designed to drive growth, propel localization programs and expand strategic partnerships for China
- In this role, you will have dedicated engineering resources that you will allocate per your roadmap
- This is a high visibility role and you will often be called upon to present to executive team at Agoda.
- You will be the leader at the forefront as this role would require strong collaboration across various team and be the focal point for all stakeholders nearly in all functions
- In addition, you will have an opportunity to build and refine playbook for growing Agoda in new markets
The day-to-day activities:
- Collaborate with engineering and design to define an ambitious strategy, develop and maintain a prioritized product backlog, and execute on delivering great experiences for users in China
- Define and communicate product requirements and specifications by thinking creatively and rigorously about how to solve problems that have never been solved before at this scale.
- Analyze the online travel ecosystem, competitive landscape and user requirements specific to China market and use that to inform product development
- Conceptualize, launch and optimize products and features, test their performance and iterate quickly
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders across nearly all functions in the company – marketing, sales, operations, data science, engineering, content, customer service, payments and IT
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience developing and launching products, preferably in China
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline).
- Fluent English, simplified Chinese (reading), Mandarin (speaking)
- Experience leading product vision and/or go-to-market strategy
- Ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written in English) with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly and with conviction to different stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial; effective at breaking down complex problems and driving and managing change
It’s great if you have:
- MBA or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics
- Data tools – SQL, Python, R, or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #toronto