Team Lead – Area Manager – OsakaApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
As Area Manager, your main objective will be to provide exceptional guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s partners in your designated territories. You will enable the team to exceed the acquisition and production expectations that form a key part of Agoda’s business goals.
In doing so, you will bring a strong analytical acumen, a high level of commercial savvy and the ability to attract, motivate, and coach your team. The ability to establish and develop profitable long term partnerships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead a team of market managers in identifying, acquiring and managing successful hotel partnerships
- Implement strategies and promotional activities with partners to enhance productivity and opportunities to maintain a competitive advantage for the Agoda website
- Conduct market research into trends in the industry and market to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s products
- Develop tools and processes to ensure greater operational efficiencies and sharing of best practices
- Train and inform partners on our technologies, tools and model
- Implement tools for the regular tracking, review and reporting of performance of teams in delivering KPIs and targets
- Develop and implement a strategy for the team’s business development activities, to monitor and strengthen the productivity of new and established partnerships
- Analyze and feedback on the availability and quality of data, which lead to recommendations for commercial improvements
- Plan a timetable and lead market managers in partner visits according to internal goals, targets and objectives
- Represent the company at relevant trade-shows, workshops and events to promote the Agoda brand and products
- Share relevant data and information with internal and external partners to ensure a high level of communication and feedback to optimize performance
- Coordinate with senior management on strategic planning and objectives
- Develop and own relationships with key decision makers at hotels, technology partners and other relevant partners
It’s Great if you have:
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Proven leadership skills, team leader and team player
- High level of numerical and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate value proposition and recommend solutions to potential partners
- Understanding of the principles of financial metrics associated with ecommerce and online partnerships
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Past success in mentoring and building solutions-focused teams that cater to long term customer relationships
- Attention to detail
- Highly disciplined work habits
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Creative and Innovative
#osaka #tokyo #4 #PS #BD #LI-MT1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.