[Summer Internship 2021] Quality Assurance Engineer Intern, Front End teamApply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Front-End Department builds the Agoda web and app products. We have several teams in front-end focusing on different aspects of our products including accommodations, flights, payments, marketing, post-booking services, and more. Agoda’s marketplace is the world. We build localized and optimized user experiences at scale on every major internet platform. These include our mobile websites, native apps, and desktop sites. We hire people from around the world who have a passion for using technology to create and implement the best user experiences. Our teams work on the full stack and build end-to-end systems including user interfaces, APIs, backend systems, and database systems. Our products are always evolving and under experimentation. We accomplish this by having an amazing degree of automation, CI/CD systems, and use a modularized approach. As we are data driven and measure our results, we continually innovate and improve our work. We are looking for the next great talent who strives to learn and grow and has a standard of excellence, strong sense of ownership, and great technical skills.
Being a Quality Engineer at Agoda isn’t just about testing software. It’s about driving a culture of innovation and excellence that the rapidly changing field of online travel requires – you will be a key team player involved in the ideation of new business requirements, continue our drive to architect more accurate and efficient development and production systems, drive a culture of quality for the team’s business processes, get hands-on with development of software tools, and be one of Agoda’s most advanced technicians – configuring, building, verifying, and deploying global software systems at one of the largest tech companies in Asia.
For us, quality in what we build is essential. To scale our business, to delight our customers with our products, to allow us to develop and deploy quickly, to balance our massive scale with any potential risk, in essence to compete at the top level – all require the highest degree of quality. We look for people who look to go from good to great, people who are willing to speak up and say together we can do things better.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Be a contributor helping us enhance/create test tools and quality systems to optimize Agoda technology business value.
- Work on other systems including CI/CD, quality platforms, back office tools, and data systems.
- Become an agile team member and learn scrum practices.
- Work with experienced quality engineers and managers.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- B.S. in Computer Science or quantitative field – near completion
- Good command of programming skills in any language and ready to learn much more – C#, Java, Scala, Python are preferred.
- Good command of data platform skills in SQL
- Good command of the English language
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Curiosity and drive to always be learning, growing, and challenged.
- Ability to learn new technologies
It’s Great if you have:
- Knowledge of git, working with branches, creating pull requests etc.
- Experience with configure infrastructure – Linux VMs, Docker, K8s, and Network concepts
- Experience with databases, data analytics skills – scripting, calculations, statistics, advanced SQL, Big Data – Hadoop, ELK, Grafana
- Experience in automated testing, deployments and platforms.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.