[Summer Internship 2021] CEG Data Analyst InternApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Customer Experience Group (CEG) of Agoda effectively serves our customers and partners to ensure satisfying results. This great task is accomplished with the support of our Global Service Vertical team. We serve as the backbone for Customer Experience Group’s global operations. Our team is comprised of project managers, process owners, analysts, and talent management. Together we work nonstop to improve the quality and efficiency of our customer and partner support processes. Working with the Global Service Vertical team is a great opportunity to collaborate with various stakeholders and develop initiatives with our sister companies and external partners all over the world. We are a very data-driven environment, eager to move fast and learn through experimentation. A clear focus on supporting our customers and partners is bolstered by a strong, entrepreneurial culture that enriches us and Agoda’s business performance.
This Data Analyst intern role is with the CEG data analytics team. The analytics team serves as a key support team for driving data driven insight and strategy for the CEG business leaders. We provide essential data visualization using advanced BI tools, drive various cost saving and efficiency project using ML techniques and predictive analytics as well as drive key changes in business by supporting various A/B experiments. Our team consist of highly motivated, fast moving and self-driven analysts who work side by side with project managers and business leaders.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- dig into vast amount customer and booking data we have, to provide actionable insights and recommendation to leadership
- identify processes to improve Customer Experience Specialists productivity
- analyze impact of higher performance of Customer Experience Specialists on customer satisfaction and loyalty
- work with other senior analysts in the team on one of the key projects driving real impact on the business using advanced analytical tools
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related degree program with a strong academic record (must provide a letter from the University confirming the internship period)
- SQL proficiency required: can extract data from large databases using SQL to develop data queries
- Expert Excel user: able to understand and build complex spreadsheets
- Strong business sense and excellent problem solving skills including the ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills: confident in communicating with people of differing levels of seniority, analytical understanding and from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Organized and structured: can manage multiple, competing priorities and deliver results under tight deadlines and pressure
- Fluent in English both spoken and written – additional languages are a plus
- Must be curious, proactive, practical and solution-oriented with “Get it done!” attitude
- ideas to improve operations based on data and have an impact on the customer experience
- Able to work in a highly multi-cultural team
- Attentive to detail and committed to data integrity
- Aware of the importance of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
It’s Great if you have:
- Knowledge of Python, R, Tableau (data visualization/dashboard development) or VBA is a plus
- Some experience or exposure to standard ML techniques
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement (https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)
#students #1 #summerintern