Language Specialist, Spanish (Budapest-Based)Apply Now
*This is a one-year contract position*
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Content Operations is a large, multicultural team of diversely talented individuals that serve as the curators of Agoda’s content. We manage all the content our customers and partners see on each of our products. As a part of our team, you’ll take ownership in processes that are critical to multiple other teams across the business. Each role from copywriting to translating and driving property level content to mapping inventory from different supply sources will enable our reach to span the globe. Content Operations is also keen on self-improvement and innovation. We run our own experiments on images, structured data, and language copy and analyze the data to make impactful decisions. With the support of state-of-the-art technology and an enriching work environment, we strengthen the bottom line and drive new business for Agoda.
We are looking for a Spanish Linguist and Localization Specialist to join our team and help improve localization of multiple Agoda products. Join our international team in a beautiful central Budapest location and work in a fun and fast-paced environment!
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Maintain quality of product translation/localization
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters)
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Conduct product reviews for inconsistencies and localization issues
- Analyze language specific data to optimize website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of Agoda and website traffic within the target market
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Native Spanish speaker with excellent writing skills
- University or College Degree
- Experience in translations preferably using a CAT tool
- Good English skills, internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
It’s Great if you have:
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.