Connectivity Lead – North America (NYC Based)Apply Now
New York City, New York
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Partner Development is a brand-new team that focus on remote account development. The department is created based on experiment results, industry best practice and long-term strategy. This team is there to reach out to partners proactively to improve the coverage and quality of Agoda’s direct supply at scale through outbound calls and connectivity partnerships. As part of the world’s largest travel company – Booking Holdings Group, Agoda is a global leader in the online travel space. The Connectivity Lead – North America will operate within the Partner Development department, working alongside a multi-cultural team of experts overlooking Agoda’s strategic technical accounts. Located out of our New York office, this position requires close coordination with commercial and operational stakeholders, in order to drive the assigned porfolio’s performance.
The Connectivity Lead – (North America) will own a portfolio of strategic accounts and will be responsible for driving its performance through optimal connections & operational processes, which will be achieved by closely aligning with the Commercial team, Product Owners and external partners. As such, the successful applicant will be a technical expert who can demonstrate strong project management experience, analytical acumen and excellent communication skills.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Own the performance of your connections including new builds, upgrades, access to inventory, rates, rate plans, content and availability
- Drive efficiency and agility into XML, hotel CRS / PMS and channel management connections
- Bridge the communication gaps between the commercial, operational and connectivity teams by having a command of performance metrics and success drivers
- Understand and manage commercial / stakeholder needs to ensure the connectivity between Agoda and our hotel partners is always capable of driving revenue / performance
- Lead commercial and product conversations around forward planning, ensuring you are focused on driving additional value to our customers and hotel partners
- Prioritize operational scale in your decisions, ensuring there is minimal spillage into manual workload across the business
- Move fast, experiment and iterate to ensure you are constantly driving optimal performance
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience within a multi-national travel, e-commerce or technology company
- 5+ years’ experience within a connectivity or engineering space
- BSc in computer science, software engineering, IT or related field
- Excellent command of SQL, Excel, Hadoop, Kibana, XML and/or data modelling
- Must have a team first ethos and a dedication to collective success
- High IQ and EQ – acumen in these areas is vital to success at Agoda
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills
It’s Great if you have:
- MBA or an MSc in computer science, software engineering, IT or related field
- A humble and empathetic manner
- Project Management certification
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proficiency with some Hotel PMS / CRS / channel manager systems (e.g. Amadeus, Sabre / SynXis, Oracle, DerbySoft, SiteMinder, etc.)
- Results oriented and a methodical approach to driving progress
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with OTA model
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#NewYorkCity #SanFrancisco #Austin #Chicago #Boston #Seattle #Orlando #Philadelphia #LI-TR2