Commercial Finance Senior SpecialistApply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
*This role is based in Bangkok*
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok. Given the COVID-19 landscape and travel restrictions, relocation date is flexible and a remote start may be possible.
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has been one of the fastest growing online travel agencies in the world in recent years, expanding our global reach as well as our portfolio of travel-related products. A critical driver to this success has been the Agoda Finance team. Within the FP&A team, we are responsible for providing insightful and actionable intel to the senior management team across the company, to facilitate effective decision-making . Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
Commercial Finance Managers partner closely with business leaders from across the company. They have direct impact on commercial strategy, providing expert advice regarding investment opportunities and highlighting performance concerns.
As a finance business partner you will be responsible for providing insight and decision support to directors and heads of department. You will also help key stakeholders monitor key performance indicators to improve business performance.
This position can encompass financial appraisals, budgeting and forecasting, scenario modelling, monitoring of investment expenditures, cost centre management and post implementation performance reporting.
You will be at the front line of decision-making and build extensive networks and understanding within the business. This allows for a wide progression scope either within Finance or other commercially focused teams.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Work with senior business partners on key, impactful projects
- Own parts of the company’s forecasting process
- Contribute to the team’s key analysis and insights reporting packs
- Develop business cases and performance assessment models
- In short: provide the information required for senior management decision-making
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- You will have 3-5 years’ experience in an FP&A function, or investment banking, or analytically focused role requiring strong commercial creativity and sound financial skills.
- The ability to challenge, support and collaborate with senior stakeholders is essential.
- Good commercial judgement
- Intellectually strong – a good strategic thinker
- Excellent analytical/numerical skills – including strong attention to detail and Excel skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills – with ability to recommend clear decisions
- The ability to liaise confidently and influence at all levels within the company
- Independent and self-sufficient, able to cope effectively under pressure
- Sound project management skills, able to effectively prioritise your work
It’s Great if you have:
- Accounting qualification (e.g. ACA or CIMA)
- MBA preferred
- Background in statistics or decision sciences would also be welcomed
- Experience working in a digital company would be beneficial
- Exposure to the travel industry, preferably online is desirable
- Strong Excel and modeling skills are essential
- Proficiency with SQL and Tableau or willingness to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#newyork #sanfrancisco #california #london #paris #amsterdam #sydney #melbourne #singapore #hongkong #taiwan #beijing #shanghai #FIN #4 #LI-SE1