DevOps Manager (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Agoda is looking for a unique kind of Software Engineers to solve Agoda’s unique problem. Those that has zero tolerance for inefficiencies in software development; who can see beyond the norm and assist Agodians in releasing the best software impossibly fast, while impossibly safe.
The team is directly responsible in leading DevOps culture by example and developing workflow automation at Agoda.
The team’s main goal is to help service owners (+200) to deploy their code as fast and as safe possible.
The team is a process of building private cloud platform on top of K8s and move all Agoda services to it.
The person will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, the person will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead company-wide product innovation in DevOps products by overseeing the roadmaps and overall vision of the team.
- Communicate your vision and results extensively with stakeholders across the organization
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for projects and products in DevOps and be able to define and track key KPIs.
- Create and manage project plans, identify necessary resources, and execute project management tasks throughout the life of a project
- Identify new valuable business areas of analysis and support the business with defining reports and dashboards that analyze and increase effective rapid decision making.
- Become an expert in DevOps: the technology, the features to accommodation in-house customers, how the market is evolving
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3-year experience with managing a large DevOps team
- Motivate and inspire a team to achieve beyond what they imagined possible. Prior experience managing a team.
- Good knowledge of containerized environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Master at least one of the scripting languages
- Analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problems
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in groups
- Very good understanding of networking concepts
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Demonstrate ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally, across multiple geographies
- Highly organized and comfortable with making tough prioritization decisions. Able to effectively keep track of moving parts across projects and adapt to new information and goals. Prior success in managing complex projects.
It’s Great if you have:
- Have experience in developing and implementing private cloud platform
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/.
#bangkok #singapore #telaviv #london #manchester #sydney #perth #melbourne #berlin #amsterdam #sanfrancisco #losangeles #newyork #IT #4 #5 #LI-JA1